Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> RSS Tutorials >> Index
RSS Tutorials - Linkging Atom Feeds to Web Pages
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Tell Web Browsers That Your Web Pages Have Atom Feeds?
One way to tell Web browsers that your Web pages have Atom Feed files is to add a "link" tag
in the header section of your Web pages. The "link" tag defines a "link" element with 4 attributes:
- rel="alternate" - Defines the relation of this Web page and the Atom feed file.
- type="application/atom+xml" - Defines the MIME type of the Atom feed file.
- href="urlOfAtomFeedFile" - Defines the location of the Atom feed file.
- title="titleOfTheFeed" - Defines the title of the Atom feed file.
The following Web page contains a "link" tag good example that associate an Atom feed to this page:
<title>Webmaster FYI Center</title>
<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml"
href="atom.xml" title="Atom feed for FAQ pages">
<p>Definitions of Webmaster on the Web:</p>
<li>The person responsible for maintaining and
updating a Web site.</li>
<li>The administrator, maintainer and/or creater
of a web site.<li>
<li>The person who lays out the information trees,
designs the look, codes HTML pages, handles editing
and additions and checks that links are intact.</li>
You need to name this file as "webmaster.html" and uploaded it to your Web site.
You also need to upload the "atom.xml" created in previous tutorials. Now smart Web browsers
should be able to know that "webmaster.html" has an Atom feed named as "atom.xml".
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is Atom 1.0 Standard?
- What Is the Relation between Atom and XML?
- What Are Main Differences between Atom 1.0 and RSS 2.0?
- What Is the Icon for Atom Syndication?
- What Is the MIME Type Definition for Atom Files?
- What Is an Atom Syndication Feed?
- How To Write a Minimum Atom 1.0 Feed File?
- How To Validate an Atom 1.0 Feed File?
- How To Use w3.org Feed Validation Service?
- What Happens If Your Atom Feed Fails the Validation?
- Is There Any DTD File to Validate Atom Feed Files?
- Is There Any XSD File to Validate Atom Feed Files?
- How To Create Atom Feed Files?
- How To Tell Visitors That You Have Atom Syndication Feeds?
- How To Tell Web Browsers That Your Web Pages Have Atom Feeds?
- What Happens When FireFox Knows a Web Page Has Atom Feeds?