Validate Google OpenID Connect id_token
How to validate the id_token value received from Google OpenID Connect authentication response?
As you can see from the previous tutorials, you can easily decode the "id_token" value received from Google OpenID Connect authentication response using a simple PHP script.
After decoding, you can get all information about the end user from the body component, and trust it without any validation.
But, since the "id_token" is included in the authentication response delivered over the public Internet, you should not trust it and perform a number validation steps:
1. Data structure validation.
2. Data attributes validation.
3. Timestamp attributes validation. This will prevent someone to repost the authentication response to your server script at a later time.
4. "nonce" protection and validation. This will prevent someone to repost the authentication response again immediately.
5. Signature validation. This is to ensure the entire authentication response message has not been modified by someone else. See next tutorial on how to perform "id_token" signature validation.
2019-02-07, 444👍, 0💬
How to build a test service operation to dump everything from the "context.Request" object in the re...
How to use the API operation 2017 version setting "Rewrite URL template"? The API operation setting ...
How to install .NET Framework in Visual Studio Community 2017? I have the Visual Studio Installer in...
Where to find tutorials on Visual Studio? I want to know How to learn Visual Studio. Here is a large...
How to access URL template parameters from "context.Request.Matched Parameters"object in Azure API P...