Minimum Requirement of EPUB 2.0.1 File
What Is the minimum requirement of an EPUB 2.0.1 file?
If you want to build an EPUB file that meets the minimum requirements of EPUB 2.0.1 specification, you need to prepare the following:
1. A text file called "mimetype" with one line listed below. It specifies the mimetype of an EPUB 2.0.1 book file.
2. An XML file called "container.xml" in a sub folder named as "META-INF". The "container" file uses the XML format defined in "Open Container Format (OCF) 2.0.1". It specifies a package file of any name, for example: package.opf.
3. A package file named like package.opf, that uses the XML format defined in "Open Packaging Format (OPF) 2.0.1". It defines required some meta data, one or content files, and a navigation file.
4. A navigation file named like navigation.xml that uses the Navigation Center eXtended (NCX) specification. It provides navigation information like a table of contents of the book.
5. A content file named like content.xhtml that uses the XHTML language. It provides the content of the book.
6. Package all above 5 files into a ZIP file named like Hello-2.0.epub. Note that the "mimetype" should not be compressed.
The resulting ZIP file, Hello-2.0.epub, is an EPUB 2.0.1 file that meets the minimum requirements of EPUB 2.0.1 specifications.
â‡‘â‡‘ EPUB FAQ and Tutorials
2019-01-12, 1264👍, 0💬
Where to find tutorials on the 2017 version of API Management Services at Azure Portal? Here is a li...
How to read RSS validation errors at w3.org? If your RSS feed has errors, the RSS validator at w3.or...
Where to see some Examples of Invalid JSON Values? Here are some Examples of Invalid JSON Values: 1....
How to use the "rewrite-uri" Policy Statement for an Azure API service operation? The "rewrite-uri" ...