Minimum Requirement of EPUB 2.0.1 File
What Is the minimum requirement of an EPUB 2.0.1 file?
If you want to build an EPUB file that meets the minimum requirements of EPUB 2.0.1 specification, you need to prepare the following:
1. A text file called "mimetype" with one line listed below. It specifies the mimetype of an EPUB 2.0.1 book file.
2. An XML file called "container.xml" in a sub folder named as "META-INF". The "container" file uses the XML format defined in "Open Container Format (OCF) 2.0.1". It specifies a package file of any name, for example: package.opf.
3. A package file named like package.opf, that uses the XML format defined in "Open Packaging Format (OPF) 2.0.1". It defines required some meta data, one or content files, and a navigation file.
4. A navigation file named like navigation.xml that uses the Navigation Center eXtended (NCX) specification. It provides navigation information like a table of contents of the book.
5. A content file named like content.xhtml that uses the XHTML language. It provides the content of the book.
6. Package all above 5 files into a ZIP file named like Hello-2.0.epub. Note that the "mimetype" should not be compressed.
The resulting ZIP file, Hello-2.0.epub, is an EPUB 2.0.1 file that meets the minimum requirements of EPUB 2.0.1 specifications.
2019-01-12, 1009👍, 0💬
How To Quote Date and Time Values in SQL Statements in PHP? If you want to provide date and time val...
Where to find tutorials on RSS specifications? I want to learn it to describe my API services. Here ...
Where to find tutorials on Visual Studio? I want to know How to learn Visual Studio. Here is a large...
How To Create a Directory in PHP? You can use the mkdir() function to create a directory. Here is a ...
How To Remove Slashes on Submitted Input Values in PHP? By default, when input values are submitted ...