Validate Azure AD v1 id_token
How to validate the id_token value received from Azure AD v1.0 authentication response?
As you can see from the previous tutorials, you can easily decode the "id_token" value received from Azure AD authentication response using a simple PHP script.
After decoding, you can get all information about the end user from the body component, and trust it without any validation.
But, since the "id_token" is included in the authentication response delivered over the public Internet, you should not trust it and perform a number validation steps:
1. Data structure validation.
2. Data attributes validation.
3. Timestamp attributes validation. This will prevent someone to repost the authentication response to your server script at a later time.
4. "nonce" protection and validation. This will prevent someone to repost the authentication response again immediately.
5. Signature validation. This is to ensure the entire authentication response message has not been modified by someone else. See next tutorial on how to perform "id_token" signature validation.
2021-05-16, 1192👍, 0💬
How To Submit Values without Using a Form in PHP? If you know the values you want to submit, you can...
How to search for the first match of a regular expression using re.search()? The re.search() functio...
How to access URL template parameters from "context.Request.Matched Parameters"object in Azure API P...
Where to find tutorials on PHP language? I want to know how to learn PHP. Here is a large collection...
How to use the "return-response" Policy statement to build the response from scratch for an Azure AP...