Hello-2.0.epub - Navigation File: navigation.xml
How to create a navigation file like navigation.xml for an EPUB 2.0.1 book?
At least one navigation file, like navigation.xml, is required for an EPUB 2.0.1 book in the book ZIP container. It provides navigation information like a table of contents of the book.
Here is the requirement on a navigation file:
1. A navigation file should be named with .xml file extension.
2. A navigation file must be an XML file and meet the "Navigation Center eXtended (NCX)" specifications.
3. A navigation file must specify a "dtd:uid" meta element in the "head" element.
4. A navigation file must provide a title with the "docTitle" element.
5. A navigation file must provide the "navMap" element with a list of "navPoint" sub-elements.
You can create a navigation file with any text editor. Here is an example called navigation.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <!-- navigation.xml Copyright (c) 2018 FYIcenter.com --> <ncx xmlns="http://www.daisy.org/z3986/2005/ncx/" version="2005-1"> <head> <meta content="id" name="dtb:uid"/> </head> <docTitle> <text>Hello</text> </docTitle> <navMap> <navPoint id="link1"> <navLabel> <text>Hello</text> </navLabel> <content src="/content.xhtml""/> </navPoint> </navMap> </ncx>
Download Hello-2.0.epub, and unzip it. You see an example of "navigation.xml" in the root directory.
â‡‘â‡‘ EPUB FAQ and Tutorials
2021-04-15, 1340👍, 0💬
What is test testing area for? The testing area is provided to allow visitors to post testing commen...
Where to find tutorials on how to work with MySQL Database in PHP? A collection of tutorials to answ...
Where to find tutorials on the 2017 version of API Management Services at Azure Portal? Here is a li...
How To Control Vertical Alignment? By default, text in all table cells are aligned to the top vertic...
How to access Query String parameters from "context.Request.Url.Que ry"object in Azure API Policy? Q...