Hello-2.0.epub - Navigation File: navigation.xml
How to create a navigation file like navigation.xml for an EPUB 2.0.1 book?
At least one navigation file, like navigation.xml, is required for an EPUB 2.0.1 book in the book ZIP container. It provides navigation information like a table of contents of the book.
Here is the requirement on a navigation file:
1. A navigation file should be named with .xml file extension.
2. A navigation file must be an XML file and meet the "Navigation Center eXtended (NCX)" specifications.
3. A navigation file must specify a "dtd:uid" meta element in the "head" element. Its content attribute must have the value of the unique-identifier specified in the package file, for example: content="fyicenter.com.epub.hello".
4. A navigation file must provide a title with the "docTitle" element.
5. A navigation file must provide the "navMap" element with a list of "navPoint" sub-elements.
You can create a navigation file with any text editor. Here is an example called navigation.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <!-- navigation.xml Copyright (c) 2018 FYIcenter.com --> <ncx xmlns="http://www.daisy.org/z3986/2005/ncx/" version="2005-1"> <head> <meta content="fyicenter.com.epub.hello" name="dtb:uid"/> </head> <docTitle> <text>Hello</text> </docTitle> <navMap> <navPoint id="link1"> <navLabel> <text>Hello</text> </navLabel> <content src="/content.xhtml""/> </navPoint> </navMap> </ncx>
Download Hello-2.0.epub, and unzip it. You see an example of "navigation.xml" in the root directory.
2021-04-15, 1627👍, 0💬
What is Azure API Management Gateway? Azure API Management Gateway is the Azure Web server that serv...
How to use "xsl-transform" Azure API Policy Statement? The "xsl-transform" Policy Statement allows y...
What Is session_register() in PHP? session_register() is old function that registers global variable...
What is Azure API Management Developer Portal Admin? The Developer Portal Admin is an Azure Web port...
How to include additional claims in Azure AD v2.0 id_tokens? If you want to include additional claim...