Hello-2.0.epub - Navigation File: navigation.xml
How to create a navigation file like navigation.xml for an EPUB 2.0.1 book?
At least one navigation file, like navigation.xml, is required for an EPUB 2.0.1 book in the book ZIP container. It provides navigation information like a table of contents of the book.
Here is the requirement on a navigation file:
1. A navigation file should be named with .xml file extension.
2. A navigation file must be an XML file and meet the "Navigation Center eXtended (NCX)" specifications.
3. A navigation file must specify a "dtd:uid" meta element in the "head" element.
4. A navigation file must provide a title with the "docTitle" element.
5. A navigation file must provide the "navMap" element with a list of "navPoint" sub-elements.
You can create a navigation file with any text editor. Here is an example called navigation.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <!-- navigation.xml Copyright (c) 2018 FYIcenter.com --> <ncx xmlns="http://www.daisy.org/z3986/2005/ncx/" version="2005-1"> <head> <meta content="id" name="dtb:uid"/> </head> <docTitle> <text>Hello</text> </docTitle> <navMap> <navPoint id="link1"> <navLabel> <text>Hello</text> </navLabel> <content src="content.xhtml"/> </navPoint> </navMap> </ncx>
Download Hello-2.0.epub, and unzip it. You see an example of "navigation.xml" in the root directory.
2019-01-15, 1000👍, 0💬
How to add an API to an API product for internal testing on the Publisher Portal of an Azure API Man...
How To Select an Exiting Database in PHP? The first thing after you have created a connection object...
What properties and functions are supported on http.client.HTTPResponse objects? If you get an http....
How to Create a New Instance of a Class? There are two ways to create a new instance (object) of a c...
How To Control Horizontal Alignment in Table Cells? By default, text in all table cells are aligned ...