Hello-2.0.epub - Navigation File: navigation.xml
How to create a navigation file like navigation.xml for an EPUB 2.0.1 book?
At least one navigation file, like navigation.xml, is required for an EPUB 2.0.1 book in the book ZIP container. It provides navigation information like a table of contents of the book.
Here is the requirement on a navigation file:
1. A navigation file should be named with .xml file extension.
2. A navigation file must be an XML file and meet the "Navigation Center eXtended (NCX)" specifications.
3. A navigation file must specify a "dtd:uid" meta element in the "head" element.
4. A navigation file must provide a title with the "docTitle" element.
5. A navigation file must provide the "navMap" element with a list of "navPoint" sub-elements.
You can create a navigation file with any text editor. Here is an example called navigation.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <!-- navigation.xml Copyright (c) 2018 FYIcenter.com --> <ncx xmlns="http://www.daisy.org/z3986/2005/ncx/" version="2005-1"> <head> <meta content="id" name="dtb:uid"/> </head> <docTitle> <text>Hello</text> </docTitle> <navMap> <navPoint id="link1"> <navLabel> <text>Hello</text> </navLabel> <content src="content.xhtml"/> </navPoint> </navMap> </ncx>
Download Hello-2.0.epub, and unzip it. You see an example of "navigation.xml" in the root directory.
2019-01-15, 1110👍, 0💬
Where to see resource detailed information of my API Management Service on Azure Portal? Once you ha...
How to use the "rewrite-uri" Policy Statement for an Azure API service operation? The "rewrite-uri" ...
How to create Hello-3.0.epub with WinRAR? I have all required files to create Hello-3.0.epub. To cre...
What is EPUB 2.0 Metadata "dc:subject" Element? EPUB 2.0 Metadata "dc:subject" is an optional metada...
How To Connect to MySQL from a PHP Script in PHP? If you want access the MySQL server, you must crea...