WPF App with VB Code in Visual Studio 2017
How to build a WPF application with VB code to control its behavior in Visual Studio 2017?
After you have created your WPF application with XAML to define its UI elements, you can follow this tutorial to add VB code to control its behavior in Visual Studio 2017:
1. Create a "WPF App (.NET Framework) project as shown in the previous tutorial.
2. Enter the following project name and location:
Name: ClickMeWpfVb Location: c:\fyicenter\vb2017\Projects Solution name: ClickMeWpfVb
3. Click "OK". You see a default application window displayed on the visual design section showing up.
4. Open the MainWindow.xaml file and enter the following:
<Window xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" x:Class="fyi.MyWindow" Title="ClickMe WPF VB" Width="200" Height="200"> <Button Click="myClick" Width="90" Height="30">Click Me!</Button> </Window>
5. Open the MainWindow.xaml.vb file and enter the following:
Namespace fyi Partial Public Class MyWindow Inherits System.Windows.Window Public Sub New() InitializeComponent() End Sub Private Sub myClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As RoutedEventArgs) MessageBox.Show("Hello World!") End Sub End Class End Namespace
9. Click "Build > Build Solution" menu. The application should be compiled with no error.
10. Click "Debug > Start Debugging" menu. Your application will run.
11. Click the "Click Me!" button, the message is displayed.
The picture below shows you how to build and test
a WPF application with XAML and VB code in Visual Studio 2017:
2017-08-07, 148👍, 0💬
How To Return a Reference from a Function? in PHP? To return a reference from a function, you need t...
How To Use an Array as a Queue in PHP? A queue is a simple data structure that manages data elements...
How To Read Data from Keyboard (Standard Input) in PHP? If you want to read data from the standard i...
What Is HTML? HTML (HyperText Markup Language) is the standard markup language for creating Web page...
How To Specify Argument Default Values? in PHP? If you want to allow the caller to skip an argument ...