WPF App with VB Code in Visual Studio 2017
How to build a WPF application with VB code to control its behavior in Visual Studio 2017?
After you have created your WPF application with XAML to define its UI elements, you can follow this tutorial to add VB code to control its behavior in Visual Studio 2017:
1. Create a "WPF App (.NET Framework) project as shown in the previous tutorial.
2. Enter the following project name and location:
Name: ClickMeWpfVb Location: c:\fyicenter\vb2017\Projects Solution name: ClickMeWpfVb
3. Click "OK". You see a default application window displayed on the visual design section showing up.
4. Open the MainWindow.xaml file and enter the following:
<Window xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" x:Class="fyi.MyWindow" Title="ClickMe WPF VB" Width="200" Height="200"> <Button Click="myClick" Width="90" Height="30">Click Me!</Button> </Window>
5. Open the MainWindow.xaml.vb file and enter the following:
Namespace fyi Partial Public Class MyWindow Inherits System.Windows.Window Public Sub New() InitializeComponent() End Sub Private Sub myClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As RoutedEventArgs) MessageBox.Show("Hello World!") End Sub End Class End Namespace
9. Click "Build > Build Solution" menu. The application should be compiled with no error.
10. Click "Debug > Start Debugging" menu. Your application will run.
11. Click the "Click Me!" button, the message is displayed.
The picture below shows you how to build and test
a WPF application with XAML and VB code in Visual Studio 2017:
2017-08-07, 237👍, 0💬
Where to find tutorials of introduction to HTML Tables and Table Cells? Here is a list of tutorials ...
Where to find tutorials on Python programming language? I want to learn Python. Here is a large coll...
How To Control Padding Spaces within a Table Cell? Cell padding spaces are spaces between cell inner...
How To Use an Array as a Queue in PHP? A queue is a simple data structure that manages data elements...
How To Connect to MySQL from a PHP Script in PHP? If you want access the MySQL server, you must crea...