WPF App with VB Code in Visual Studio 2017
How to build a WPF application with VB code to control its behavior in Visual Studio 2017?
After you have created your WPF application with XAML to define its UI elements, you can follow this tutorial to add VB code to control its behavior in Visual Studio 2017:
1. Create a "WPF App (.NET Framework) project as shown in the previous tutorial.
2. Enter the following project name and location:
Name: ClickMeWpfVb Location: c:\fyicenter\vb2017\Projects Solution name: ClickMeWpfVb
3. Click "OK". You see a default application window displayed on the visual design section showing up.
4. Open the MainWindow.xaml file and enter the following:
<Window xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" x:Class="fyi.MyWindow" Title="ClickMe WPF VB" Width="200" Height="200"> <Button Click="myClick" Width="90" Height="30">Click Me!</Button> </Window>
5. Open the MainWindow.xaml.vb file and enter the following:
Namespace fyi Partial Public Class MyWindow Inherits System.Windows.Window Public Sub New() InitializeComponent() End Sub Private Sub myClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As RoutedEventArgs) MessageBox.Show("Hello World!") End Sub End Class End Namespace
9. Click "Build > Build Solution" menu. The application should be compiled with no error.
10. Click "Debug > Start Debugging" menu. Your application will run.
11. Click the "Click Me!" button, the message is displayed.
The picture below shows you how to build and test
a WPF application with XAML and VB code in Visual Studio 2017:
â‡’â‡’Visual Studio Tutorials
2017-08-07, 1124👍, 0💬
How to add request query string Parameters to my Azure API operation to make it more user friendly? ...
How to use the JSON to XML Conversion Tool at utilities-online.info? If you want to try the JSON to ...
How to add images to my EPUB books Images can be added into book content using the XHTML "img" eleme...
How to access URL template parameters from "context.Request.Matched Parameters"object in Azure API P...
Where to find tutorials on API Management Services at Azure Portal? Here is a list of tutorials to a...