Tools, FAQ, Tutorials:
"docker container attach" - Attach Console
How to attach the hosting console to the TTY terminal of the default running command on a container using the "docker container attach" command?
If the default running command has a TTY terminal for STDIN and STDOUT, you can attach the hosting console to interact with the running command using the "docker container attach" command.
1. Create a new container with a TTY terminal in interactive mode:
fyicenter$ docker container create --name java --tty --interactive openjdk
2. Start the container with the console attached to the TTY terminal and interact with the default command.
fyicenter$ docker container start --attach --interactive java java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$1 run INFO: Created user preferences directory. | Welcome to JShell -- Version 12.0.1 | For an introduction type: /help intro jshell> 1+2; fyicenter$1 ==> 3 jshell>
3. Keep this console running and create another console on the hosting system. Then attach the second console to the TTY terminal of the container:
fyicenter$ docker container attach java jshell> 3+4; fyicenter$2 ==> 7
4. Go back to the first console, you see same input and output displayed
jshell> 3+4; fyicenter$2 ==> 7
4. If you run a "jshell" statement on the first console, you will the same input and output on the second console too.
As you can see, we are able to create a container that runs "jshell" as the default command and attach two consoles to command's TTY terminal.
⇒ "Ctrl-p Ctrl-q" - detach Console
⇐ "docker container start --interactive" - Interact with Container
⇑ "docker container ..." Commands
2021-10-10, 1064👍, 0💬
How to convert JSON Objects to PHP Associative Arrays using the json_decode() function? Actually, JS...
Where to get the detailed description of the json_encode() Function in PHP? Here is the detailed des...
Where to find tutorials on Python programming language? I want to learn Python. Here is a large coll...
How to add request body examples to my Azure API operation to make it more user friendly? If you hav...
How To Protect Special Characters in Query String in PHP? If you want to include special characters ...