PyMySQL Package by pypi.org
How to use "pymysql" module from PyMySQL Package produced by pypi.org?
"pymysql" is a Python module in the PyMySQL package provided by pypi.org for MySQL database connection.
"pymysql" implements "PEP 249 -- Python Database API Specification v2.0" at https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/. You can follow this tutorial to try it.
1. Install "PyMySQL" package that contains the "pymysql" module. Do not use the outdated "MySQLdb" package.
fyicenter> pip3 install pymysql ... Successfully installed pymysql-1.0.2
2. Start a Python 3 interactive session and import the "pymysql" module.
fyicenter> python3 Python 3.8.0 (v3.8.0:fa919fdf25) >>> import pymysql >>> pymysql.1.03 '1.0.2'
3. Call the connect() method to establish a connection to a MySQL server with given accessing information. It returns a Connection object representing the established connection.
>>> con = pymysql.connect(host="127.0.0.1", port=3306, ... user="guest", password="retneciyf") >>> print(con) <pymysql.connections.Connection object at 0x107108f40>
4. Use Connection methods and properties to see the MySQL environment.
>>> con.get_server_info() '8.0.17' >>> con.user b'guest' >>> con.charset 'utf8mb4' >>> con.encoding 'utf8'
5. Call select_db() method to set the default database to a database instance that your user name is allowed to use.
>>> con.select_db("test") >>> >>> con.db b'test'
6. Run SQL statements on the connection as shown in next tutorials.
7. Close the connection at the end.
2021-09-09, 532👍, 0💬
Where to find tutorials on HTML language? I want to know how to learn HTML. Here is a large collecti...
Can You Specify the "new line" Character in Single-Quoted Strings? You can not specify the "new line...
How To Read Data from Keyboard (Standard Input) in PHP? If you want to read data from the standard i...
How to use the "set-variable" Policy Statement to create custom variables for an Azure API service o...
How to extend json.JSONEncoder class? I want to encode other Python data types to JSON. If you encod...