PyMySQL Package by pypi.org
How to use "pymysql" module from PyMySQL Package produced by pypi.org?
"pymysql" is a Python module in the PyMySQL package provided by pypi.org for MySQL database connection.
"pymysql" implements "PEP 249 -- Python Database API Specification v2.0" at https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/. You can follow this tutorial to try it.
1. Install "PyMySQL" package that contains the "pymysql" module. Do not use the outdated "MySQLdb" package.
fyicenter> pip3 install pymysql ... Successfully installed pymysql-1.0.2
2. Start a Python 3 interactive session and import the "pymysql" module.
fyicenter> python3 Python 3.8.0 (v3.8.0:fa919fdf25) >>> import pymysql >>> pymysql.1.03 '1.0.2'
3. Call the connect() method to establish a connection to a MySQL server with given accessing information. It returns a Connection object representing the established connection.
>>> con = pymysql.connect(host="127.0.0.1", port=3306, ... user="guest", password="retneciyf") >>> print(con) <pymysql.connections.Connection object at 0x107108f40>
4. Use Connection methods and properties to see the MySQL environment.
>>> con.get_server_info() '8.0.17' >>> con.user b'guest' >>> con.charset 'utf8mb4' >>> con.encoding 'utf8'
5. Call select_db() method to set the default database to a database instance that your user name is allowed to use.
>>> con.select_db("test") >>> >>> con.db b'test'
6. Run SQL statements on the connection as shown in next tutorials.
7. Close the connection at the end.
2021-09-09, 816👍, 0💬
How to create a new API on the Publisher Dashboard of an Azure API Management Service? If you are ne...
FYIcenter JSON Validator and Formatter is an online tool that checks for syntax errors of JSON text ...
How to use the "set-body" Policy Statement for an Azure API service operation? The "set-body" Policy...
How to add request query string Parameters to my Azure API operation 2017 version to make it more us...
Why am I getting this "Docker failed to initialize" error? After installing the latest version of Do...