PyMySQL Package by pypi.org
How to use "pymysql" module from PyMySQL Package produced by pypi.org?
"pymysql" is a Python module in the PyMySQL package provided by pypi.org for MySQL database connection.
"pymysql" implements "PEP 249 -- Python Database API Specification v2.0" at https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/. You can follow this tutorial to try it.
1. Install "PyMySQL" package that contains the "pymysql" module. Do not use the outdated "MySQLdb" package.
fyicenter> pip3 install pymysql ... Successfully installed pymysql-1.0.2
2. Start a Python 3 interactive session and import the "pymysql" module.
fyicenter> python3 Python 3.8.0 (v3.8.0:fa919fdf25) >>> import pymysql >>> pymysql.1.03 '1.0.2'
3. Call the connect() method to establish a connection to a MySQL server with given accessing information. It returns a Connection object representing the established connection.
>>> con = pymysql.connect(host="127.0.0.1", port=3306, ... user="guest", password="retneciyf") >>> print(con) <pymysql.connections.Connection object at 0x107108f40>
4. Use Connection methods and properties to see the MySQL environment.
>>> con.get_server_info() '8.0.17' >>> con.user b'guest' >>> con.charset 'utf8mb4' >>> con.encoding 'utf8'
5. Call select_db() method to set the default database to a database instance that your user name is allowed to use.
>>> con.select_db("test") >>> >>> con.db b'test'
6. Run SQL statements on the connection as shown in next tutorials.
7. Close the connection at the end.
2021-09-09, 207👍, 0💬
How To Control Padding Spaces within a Table Cell? Cell padding spaces are spaces between cell inner...
Where to find tutorials on how to Read and Write Files in PHP? A collection of tutorials to answer m...
How to access URL template parameters from "context.Request.Matched Parameters"object in Azure API P...
What is Azure API Management Publisher Dashboard? Azure API Management Publisher Dashboard is an Azu...
How to detect errors occurred in the json_decode() call? You can use the following two functions to ...