Home >> Tutorials/FAQs >> CSS Tutorials >> Index
CSS Tutorials - Adding Margins to Images
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Add Margins to an Image?
In order to adding effects to an image, sometimes you need to add margins
to the image first. You can follow the steps below to add black margins to an image:
- Go to http://lettres.ac-rouen.fr/ and download the classic painting
"Port de mer au soleil couchant" by Claude Gellee. (c)[louvre.edu]1999 - photo Erich Lessing.
- Save this image as port_1.jpg and open it in PSP. It has 580x440 pixels.
- Create a new image with 780x640 pixels.
- Select the entire image of port_1.jpg and press Ctrl-C to copy.
- Go to the new image and press Ctrl-Shift-e to paste as a selection.
- Press and hold left mouse button to move the selection to (100,100).
Click right mouse button to finalize the paste.
- Save the image as port_with_margins.jpg. It will look like this:
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is Paint Shop Pro?
- How To Download and Install PSP Evaluation?
- How To Create an Image with Text?
- How To Blend a Color Layer to an Image?
- How To Add Margins to an Image?
- How To Fade Image Edges to Background Colors?
- How To Create a Top Left Corner Image with a Fading Color?
- How To Avoid Antialias Edges When Cutting and Pasting?