Home >> Tutorials/FAQs >> CSS Tutorials >> Index
CSS Tutorials - Top Left Corner Image with a Fading Color
(Continued from previous topic...)
How To Create a Top Left Corner Image with a Fading Color?
If you want to put background image to the top left corner of your Web page, you need
to fad the right lower part of the image to the background color. The tutorial below tells
you how to create a top left corner image with a fading color:
- Continue with the previous tutorial.
- Open the image: port_with_faded_edges.jpg. It has 780x640 pixels.
- Add a new raster layer.
- Create a fading edge on the right side by following the steps in the previous tutorial.
- Add another new raster layer.
- Use the rectangle selection tool with feather=75, and select the right bottom part of the image
starting at position=(200,200).
- Use Flood Fill tool with color of RGB=(240,224,192) to fill the selected area.
- Select the Selection tool again, and press right mouse button to release the selected area.
- In the Layer Palette, move the Opacity scale to 85% on the last layer. You will see some background
image starting to show up in the faded area.
- Merge all layers.
- Use the rectangle selection tool with feather=0, and select the center part of the image without the margins.
- Press Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V to copy and paste a new image.
- Save the new image as port_as_top_left_corner.jps. It will look like this:
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is Paint Shop Pro?
- How To Download and Install PSP Evaluation?
- How To Create an Image with Text?
- How To Blend a Color Layer to an Image?
- How To Add Margins to an Image?
- How To Fade Image Edges to Background Colors?
- How To Create a Top Left Corner Image with a Fading Color?
- How To Avoid Antialias Edges When Cutting and Pasting?