Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> XHTML Tutorials and Tips >> Index
XHTML Tutorials - Understanding Tables and Table Cells
A collection of 17 FAQs/tutorials tips on XHTML tables and table cells. Clear answers are provided with tutorial exercises on table elements like: table, tr, td, th, caption; table attributes like: border, frame, cellspacing, cellpadding; row and cell attributes like: align, valign, colspan, rowspan.
Topics included in this collection are:
- What Is a "table" Tag/Element?
- What Is a "tr" Tag/Element?
- What Is a "td" Tag/Element?
- What Are the Attributes of a "table" Element?
- How To Create Table Borders?
- How To Turn On Some Parts of Table Outer Borders?
- How To Control White Spaces between Table Cells?
- How To Control Padding Spaces within a Table Cell?
- How To Control Table Widths?
- What Happens If One Row Has Missing Columns?
- How To Control Horizontal Alignment in Table Cells?
- How To Control Vertical Alignment?
- How To Add Column Headers to a Table?
- What Is a "caption" Tag/Element?
- How To Merge Cells in a Row?
- How To Merge Cells in a Column?
- How To Create Nested Tables?
Please note that all notes and tutorials are based on XHTML 1.0 specification.
(Continued on next topic...)