Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> XHTML Tutorials and Tips >> Index
XHTML Tutorial - "table" Element Attributes
(Continued from previous topic...)
What Are the Attributes of a "table" Element?
A "table" element may have the following commonly used attributes:
- "summary" - Specifies a text string as the summary of the table.
- "width" - Specifies the width of the table.
- "border" - Specifies the border width.
- "frame" - Specifies how the outer borders should be displayed.
- "cellspacing" - Specifies the space between cells.
- "cellpadding" - Specifies the space between the cell walls and contents.
"summary" is easy to understand and does not make any difference on
the appearance of the table. But other attributes have major impacts on
how your table appears in the browser window.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is a "table" Tag/Element?
- What Is a "tr" Tag/Element?
- What Is a "td" Tag/Element?
- What Are the Attributes of a "table" Element?
- How To Create Table Borders?
- How To Turn On Some Parts of Table Outer Borders?
- How To Control White Spaces between Table Cells?
- How To Control Padding Spaces within a Table Cell?
- How To Control Table Widths?
- What Happens If One Row Has Missing Columns?
- How To Control Horizontal Alignment in Table Cells?
- How To Control Vertical Alignment?
- How To Add Column Headers to a Table?
- What Is a "caption" Tag/Element?
- How To Merge Cells in a Row?
- How To Merge Cells in a Column?
- How To Create Nested Tables?