Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> XHTML Tutorials and Tips >> Index
XHTML Tutorial - XHTML Entities
(Continued from previous topic...)
What Is an XHTML Entity?
An XHTML entity is escape sequence used to represent a special character that
is hard to enter via a normal keyboard. For example, you can not find a key
on your keyboard to enter the copyright character, "©" directly. You need
to use the XHTML entity "©" to represent the copyright character in your
Valid XHTML entities are defined in the following 3 files:
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is the XHTML Element Content?
- What Are the XHTML Element Content Models?
- What Are the XHTML Elements Defined with EMPTY Contents?
- What Are the XHTML Elements Defined with PCDATA Contents?
- What Are the XHTML Elements Defined with Sub-elements Contents?
- What Are the XHTML Elements Defined with Mixed Contents?
- What Is PCDATA?
- What Is an XHTML Entity?
- What Is CDATA?
- What Is a Sub-element?
- Can Two Elements Partially Overlap Each Other?
- What Is the Sequence of Sub-elements?
- What Is a Required Sub-element?
- What Is a White Space Character?
- How Exactly White Space Characters Are Ignored?
- How To Get an Extra White Space?