Home >> FAQs/Tutorials >> XHTML Tutorials and Tips >> Index
XHTML Tutorial - Sequence of Sub-elements
(Continued from previous topic...)
What Is the Sequence of Sub-elements?
The sequence of sub-elements is the order of how each sub-element is placed
inside the parent element. For most parent elements, their sub-elements can be
placed in any order. But some parent elements require you to follow a predefined
For example, element "html" requires that "head" to be placed first, and
"body" to be placed second.
(Continued on next topic...)
- What Is the XHTML Element Content?
- What Are the XHTML Element Content Models?
- What Are the XHTML Elements Defined with EMPTY Contents?
- What Are the XHTML Elements Defined with PCDATA Contents?
- What Are the XHTML Elements Defined with Sub-elements Contents?
- What Are the XHTML Elements Defined with Mixed Contents?
- What Is PCDATA?
- What Is an XHTML Entity?
- What Is CDATA?
- What Is a Sub-element?
- Can Two Elements Partially Overlap Each Other?
- What Is the Sequence of Sub-elements?
- What Is a Required Sub-element?
- What Is a White Space Character?
- How Exactly White Space Characters Are Ignored?
- How To Get an Extra White Space?