Question 24 Can you work under pressure?
How to Answer The 64 Toughest Interview Questions
(Continued from previous question...)
Question 24 Can you work under pressure?
TRAPS: An easy question, but you want to make your answer believable.
BEST ANSWER: Absolutely…(then prove it with a vivid example or two of a goal or project accomplished under severe pressure.)
(Continued on next question...)
Other Interview Questions
- Question 1 Tell me about yourself.
- Question 2 What are your greatest strengths?
- Question 3 What are your greatest weaknesses?
- Question 4 Tell me about something you did - or failed to do - that you now feel a little ashamed of.
- Question 5 Why are you leaving (or did you leave) this position?
- Question 6 The "Silent Treatment"
- Question 7 Why should I hire you?
- Question 8 Aren't you overqualified for this position?
- Question 9 Where do you see yourself five years from now?
- Question 10 Describe your ideal company, location and job.
- Question 11 Why do you want to work at our company?
- Question 12 What are your career options right now?
- Question 13 Why have you been out of work so long?
- Question 14 Tell me honestly about the strong points and weak points of your boss (company, management team, etc.)…
- Question 15 What good books have you read lately?
- Question 16 Tell me about a situation when your work was criticized.
- Question 17 What are your outside interests?
- Question 18 The "Fatal Flaw" question
- Question 19 How do you feel about reporting to a younger person (minority, woman, etc)?
- Question 20 On confidential matters…
- Question 21 Would you lie for the company?
- Question 22 Looking back, what would you do differently in your life?
- Question 23 Could you have done better in your last job?
- Question 24 Can you work under pressure?
- Question 25 What makes you angry?
- Question 26 Why aren't you earning more money at this stage of your career?
- Question 27 Who has inspired you in your life and why?
- Question 28 What was the toughest decision you ever had to make?
- Question 29 Tell me about the most boring job you've ever had.
- Question 30 Have you been absent from work more than a few days in any previous position?
- Question 31 What changes would you make if you came on board?
- Question 32 I'm concerned that you don't have as much experience as we'd like in…
- Question 33 How do you feel about working nights and weekends?
- Question 34 Are you willing to relocate or travel?
- Question 35 Do you have the stomach to fire people? Have you had experience firing many people?
- Question 36 Why have you had so many jobs?
- Question 37 What do you see as the proper role/mission of…
- Question 38 What would you say to your boss if he's crazy about an idea, but you think it stinks?
- Question 39 How could you have improved your career progress?
- Question 40 What would you do if a fellow executive on your own corporate level wasn't pulling his/her weight…and this was hurting your department?
- Question 41 You've been with your firm a long time. Won't it be hard switching to a new company?
- Question 42 May I contact your present employer for a reference?
- Question 43 Give me an example of your creativity (analytical skill…managing ability, etc.)
- Question 44 Where could you use some improvement?
- Question 45 What do you worry about?
- Question 46 How many hours a week do you normally work?
- Question 47 What's the most difficult part of being a (job title)?
- Question 48 The "Hypothetical Problem"
- Question 49 What was the toughest challenge you've ever faced?
- Question 50 Have you consider starting your own business?
- Question 51 What are your goals?
- Question 52 What do you for when you hire people?
- Question 53 Sell me this stapler…(this pencil…this clock…or some other object on interviewer's desk).
- Question 54 "The Salary Question" - How much money do you want?
- Question 55 The Illegal Question
- Question 56 The "Secret" Illegal Question
- Question 57 What was the toughest part of your last job?
- Question 58 How do you define success…and how do you measure up to your own definition?
- Question 59 "The Opinion Question" - What do you think about …Abortion…The President…The Death Penalty…(or any other controversial subject)?
- Question 60 If you won $10 million lottery, would you still work?
- Question 61 Looking back on your last position, have you done your best work?
- Question 62 Why should I hire you from the outside when I could promote someone from within?
- Question 63 Tell me something negative you've heard about our company…
- Question 64 On a scale of one to ten, rate me as an interviewer.