To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Senior Software Engineer
The role will be based in the UK, and will include supervising some off-shore engineers based in India, as well as UK staff and subcontractors.
· Contribute to the development of the software test rig, working in conjunction with the hardware test team. The rig is likely to be PC based, using National Instruments tools such as LabVIEW and TestStand.
· Contribute to the production of product integration and product functional test specifications. Also the production of test applications and test scripts to support the test cases.
· Take a leading role in the integration test and product test activity, based in the UK.
· Work closely with the software development team to identify and diagnose problems.
· Supervise the preparation and running of software modules tests. These tests may be carried out by an offshore team.
· Perform duties within time and budget constraints, and in accordance with the project procedures (including safety procedures), that are appropriate for Safety Integrity Levels (SIL) up to 4.
· Contribute to planning and progress monitoring activities associated with the project.
· Support the project validator, assisting with the development of the validation test.
· Degree / HND in a technical discipline, or equivalent relevant industry experience.
· Experience of leading software testing.
· Ability to understand a complex system.
· Ability to work in a team.
· Ability to manage off-shore engineers.
· Good inter-personal and communication skills; the job will involve working with many other staff.
· Experience of working on products that are safety critical.
· Knowledge of Ada and C.
· Experience of Wind River VxWorks.
· Knowledge of National Instruments LabVIEW and TestStand.
· Knowledge of tools such as DOORs, AdaCore, AdaTest and Cantata.
· Experience of software development.
· Experience of software verification.
· Basic understanding of railway signalling and previous experience of railway applications.
· Experience of working to CENELEC 50128.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center