To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Senior Performance Software Engineer
• Work across cross-functional teams to create performance workloads and tests
• Running workloads on existing products, collecting data and using performance tools to help analyze the problems
• Benchmark/workload analysis and characterization
• Performance projections and validation of future, new, and existing SoCs
• Work with evaluation boards provided by the vendors and help us understand the performance implications on architectural choices used by the SoCs
• Performance profiling and analysis of WebOS
• Assisting coordination with external CPU and GPU vendors.
• Communicate clearly and effectively across departments including Product Marketing, Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, and senior executives
• Bachelors, Masters, or Phd in Electrical Eng, or Computer Eng, or Computer Science
• 2+ years of software development skills, including C, C++, and scripting languages such as bash, python etc.
• A strong knowledge of computer architecture, compilers (particularly optimization flags and code-gen), and assembly languages
• Familiarity with power/performance tradeoffs in computer architecture design
• Experience in CPU and memory-focused performance analysis, debug and tuning
• Knowledge of (mobile and desktop) GPU architecture is a plus
• High level of competence with C, C++.
• High level of competence with Unix/Linux, especially driver development, and the use of Linux in embedded and mobile products.
• A working knowledge of GPUs and experience programming graphics (OpenGL or OpenGL ES) is a plus
• Experience with mobile and wireless products with embedded software, and equivalent small-footprint, low-power environments; knowledge of broad areas of software technology. Understanding of hardware/software integration and tradeoffs. Experience in cross-platform debugging
• Strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills
• Good debugging skills, both low level (HW/silicon) as well as in the OS
• Ability and willingness to work as part of a small team with influence across a larger organization
• Willingness to proactively engage with other people and groups to learn what you need to know to become effective and efficient
• Ability and willingness to work from drivers up to applications, server development experience is a plus.
• Demonstrated success working in collaborative team projects.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong knowledge of software development tools and systems.
• Demonstrated commitment to quality
• Collaborative and product-focused attitude.
• Experience with IDEs, source code revision control repositories, memory architectures (NOR, NAND, SDRAM, etc.), code management and development tools.
• Personable, hard working, organized
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center