To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Software Development Engineer II
* Design, develop and maintain both relational and dimensionally-modeled databases and ETL routines on SQL Server 2008 and Netezza platforms.
* Model, build and test system in accordance with agile development methodology.
* Actively participate in requirements derivation.
* Deliver quality time estimates.
* Assist in data analysis and data modeling.
* Perform code inspections and refactor code to meet standards.
* Communicate effectively within both the product delivery and the internal development teams.
* Stay current with database and data warehousing trends and technological innovations in order to make appropriate development recommendations.
* Must have experience with ETL process design and automation, ideally using a dedicated ETL toolset (DataStage, Informatica, Ab Initio, Talend, SSIS).
* Must have experience successfully implementing feature-level components of a Data Warehouse / BI application.
* Must have strong SQL / Transact-SQL development skills.
* Must have 4+ years of relevant technical experience.
* Must be a methodical and pragmatic problem-solver who inspires confidence and trust with internal staff and users.
* Must have a strong sense of teamwork, active listening skills and negotiation and influencing skills.
* Should have a solid understanding of dimensional database design and construction and recent relevant work experience.
* Should have a BS degree in computer sciences, software design, engineering, information systems, related field or comparable experience.
* Knowledge of agile development methodologies a plus.
* Experience with Netezza a plus.
* Experience with health care clinical and claims data and the associated regulatory environment a plus
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center