To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Software R&D Manager -
* Oversees execution of the projects, supervises and mentors the software leads in charge of the different projects.
* Controls the status of the projects of his portfolio: progress of ongoing activities, estimate of the labor remaining to complete the projects.
* Makes sure that project variances are controlled, identified, and that corrective actions are undertaken.
* Provides directions and support to the project leads in charge of the projects.
* Ensures that the development process complies with the company standards (e.g., gate reviews, quality & auditability, version control …).
* Proposes the yearly budget for his group.
* Approves indirect expenses per company policy.
* Ensures that his group expenses keep within defined budget.
* Mentors and develops the team from a technical as well as from a productivity standpoint. Also mentors the software leads from a team management standpoint.
* Defines individual objectives and conduct the yearly appraisal of the member of the Meriden Software Group.
* Plans and assign the resources necessary to the execution of the R&D projects assigned to the group.
* Maintains a staffing plan for the Meriden software group.
* Mentors the Technical Leads and develops the Agile Methodology deployed within the Organization. Acts as an Agile Coach for the teams when needed. Prescribes a methodology to bridge the gap between high-level vision needed during execution and the day to day planning and sprint executions.
* Provides technical support to customer-presentations and sales activities related to software products.
* Provides technical support for the preparation of responses to tenders involving the use of deployment of software products.
* Actively participates in the improvement effort of the software development process.
* Expertise of software development processes, and good knowledge of software technologies.
* Mentoring of engineers and of project-team leads.
Participate actively in promoting and enhancing processes within software team and more widely within BU.
* BS or another University Degree or Equivalent.
* 10+ years of experience in software engineering.
* Extensive knowledge and experience of software development process.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center