To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Senior Software Applications Developer
* Motivate and mentor team members
* Be responsible for the design, documentation, implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance of software systems that support the development and deployment of water, gas, heat and electricity meters, and systems required to test and calibrate meters.
* Design and develop software in a variety of languages (C, Java, C#, Perl, Python) for varying architectures (desktop PCs, handhelds, embedded MCUs, Linux, application scripting, web)
* Write system specifications (SPEC), product requirements document (PRD) and prototype test plans (TP)
* Lead and contribute to code validation and debug in real-world applications
* Ensure all of aspects of software design and development including schedule adherence, cost, and performance/quality of the end product.
* Contribute to enterprise, firmware, and testing teams.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 8+ years of software development and design experience.
* At least 3 years experience programming GUI applications.
* At least 2 years of embedded Applications development experience using Windows CE / Mobile, C# and .NET.
* Ability and desire to work in a fast paced team environment where you will interface regularly with electrical, back-end software, mechanical and system test engineers on system level design development.
* Desire and ability to learn new tools, languages and design techniques.
* Ability to evaluate and make recommendation on cost control, reliability and manufacturability issues and maintain aggressive development schedules.
* Excellent testing and troubleshooting skills
* Excellent communications skills with the ability to convey technical concepts in business terms
* Demonstrated experience with creating and publishing mobile applications for various devices
* Application development for Windows desktop solutions
* Experience with configuration management and bug tracking systems
* Expertise in one or many Object Oriented programming languages such as C++, C#, Java
* Experience in scripting languages such as Perl or Python.
* Software architecture and SDKs for Windows/WinCE/.NET/Java.
* Web “2.0” development experience
* Windows Mobile application development experience (NET, C/C++, Visual Studio, etc.)
* Strong foundation in structured design and development processes as well as Object Oriented Design and Analysis is required.
* Small footprint application development for embedded devices and application development with fixed APIs
* The ability to work with cross functional teams to create a fully functional system
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center