To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Software Configuration Engineer
• Bachelors in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum one year of experience as an SCM/release engineer, or in a position with similar skill sets and responsibilities.
• Experience performing source code control management (Subversion, ClearCase, PerForce) including branching, merging, tagging, etc.
• Experience building.NET applications using build tools like Ant/NAnt and MSBuild
• Experience automating manual processes using a scripting language such as Perl or Python.
• Strong knowledge of n-tier web applications.
• Experience working in a distributed development environment
• Responsible for maintaining a process that controls configuration items in all environments
• Responsible for configuring and maintaining virtual and physical test environments with the support of the Infrastructure and Operations department
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Capability and desire to be a strong team player.
• Flexibility in adjusting schedules to meet deadlines.
• Familiarity with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Analytical, creative, adaptable, resourceful, innovative and imaginative and fun
• Strong problem-solving skills required, and ability to follow through to completion
• Customer focused and commitment to best-in-class processes and procedures
• Work will require after-hours build/release support, so a flexible time schedule is important
• Perform other duties as requested or required
• Visual Studio 2005/2008 - development and debugging.
• C# • MS SQL 2005/2008 - queries, profiling and basic DBA tasks
• ASP.NET 3.5
• Scripting Languages – NAnt, Ruby, PowerShell, etc.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center