To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Senior Software Engineer
* Designs, codes, and tests medium to large software modules
* Participate in short term planning of IT projects and programs
* Participate in group design meetings
* Analyze, interpret and make decisions affecting work methods and procedures within an overall program
* Participates in the development of larger modules which may also include requirements analysis, architectural design, or detailed design tasks under the direction of a more experienced engineer
* Will write technical documentation
* Develop software using at least one programming language and platform
* Will utilize source control tools and related build mechanisms
* Will install and configure software development tools and/or operating systems
* Will debug and correct problems in existing software
* Estimates the complexity of a certain task and an appropriate schedule
* Will create the requirements analysis, functional design, and detailed design specifications as they relate to the implementation of a software module
* Will provide direction to less experienced engineers
* Can resolve complex software problems/bugs via advanced debugging techniques
* Will follow all company standards, including the software coding standards document
* B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* Strong understanding of object oriented analysis, design and programming.
* At least 4 years of Java programming experience, object oriented analysis, design and programming.
* Ability to work both individually and in team environments is essential.
* The individual must be articulate and communicate effectively, both in written and oral formats.
* Experience in a J2EE application server environment utilizing JMS, JNDI, clustering, and related technologies.
* Experience in Oracle or other DBMS systems, fluent in SQL & DML constructs critical.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center