To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Programmer Analyst, Sr. (Oracle, PL/SQL)
• Designing, analyzing, coding, documenting, and implementing applications that support, enhance, and integrate with the college-wide enterprise application suite.
• Providing on-going support of all enterprise and related applications, as well as functional and technical problem resolution.
• Developing design specifications according to business requirements.
• If applicable, delegating tasks to other programmers as appropriate.
• Programming, tracking progress of projects, and performing thorough testing of systems to comply with quality assurance standards.
• Maintaining and supporting application related systems/servers to ensure minimal downtime and loss of productivity and service.
• Collaborating and communicating effectively with other Information Technology areas for implementation, design, integration, diagnosis and resolution of complex system projects, problems and issues.
• Preparing and presenting training sessions on application systems hardware and software, as required.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Strong computer programming and logic skills, including SQL programming in an Oracle environment and PL/SQL. [required]
• Ability to work with minimal supervision both independently and as a member of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and the College community.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to effectively resolve or escalate issues to management or vendor support areas as necessary.
• Ability to write reports, documentation, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Object Oriented Programming experience with Banner applications software or a background in higher education administrative information systems
• Perl, Pro*C, Java, XML, Web 2.0
• Experience working in a UNIX environment, including AIX, Linux, or Solaris
• Oracle Stored Objects (procedures, packages, functions, and database triggers), Oracle Forms development
• Date warehouse concepts/reporting
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center