To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Sr. Software Design Engineer
• Create requirements, design, and software testing documentation.
• Assist in software architecture design. Starting from top-level software requirements, create software architecture sub-system designs that effectively meet all system requirements.
• Review software designs of other colleagues and provide feedback to improve quality and correct errors.
• Develop test scripts and unit test software modules to ensure compliance with functional and quality requirements.
• Lead and/or contribute to the development of software upgrades for released systems around the world, ensuing quality is maintained.
• Create engineering documentation standards related to development, commissioning, testing and deployment of automation, control systems and instrumentation solutions.
• BS (MS Preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in real-time software development, PLC programming, data communications software and HMI design. Experience in signal processing software development highly desired. Previous experience with automated bio-medical equipment/instrumentation is preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in one or more of the following computer languages: C++, Java, major PLC ladder logic for automation applications such as Rockwell, Omron, Siemens.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience designing and developing real-time machine control software.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of threading, concurrency, and process synchronization.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of modular, Object-Oriented software design, development and testing.
• Solid understanding/experience of programming, troubleshooting, and profiling skills in both system and software application levels.
• Experience in troubleshooting hardware-software integration and interfaces.
• Experience with instrumentation: data acquisition, instrument control, and calibration, including interfacing.
• Thorough understanding of Windows system architecture, development tools, environment, and libraries.
• Ability to evaluate criteria and exercise sound judgment in selecting techniques, algorithms, and tools to meet objectives and obtain results.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center