To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
• Demonstrates deep/advanced knowledge of specialized discipline and methods, and applicability to specialized product needs to support customer, operational policies and processes, and product use to translate needs into feasible technical design requirements and recommendations. Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel as necessary.
• May assist with systems architecture development at the sub-system level. Works on high impact assignments where speed, quality, and efficiency significantly impacts results.
• Performs large or complex portions of projects where responsibility includes definition, completion, technical quality, and securing consistency across assigned areas. May independently lead small technical support projects or coordinate portions of larger projects. Contributes to project strategy and approach to meet target goals and milestones, evaluates resource allocation needs, and monitors project risks to determine best mitigation path.
• Independently solves a wide range of complex and diverse problems and evaluates short term impact of recommendations.
• Leads design reviews at the sub-system level.
• Provides technical leadership, trains, mentors, and takes initiative to assist junior staff and others. Troubleshoots complex problems, and engages others in problem solving strategies to obtain practical and effective solutions to complex issues. Evaluates applicability and impact of technical methods and solutions referred by junior staff.
• Analyzes experimental data, develops technical conclusions, and evaluates potential applicability of recommendations. Independently sets technical priorities for complex matters, when difficult compromises must be made (i.e. acts with or guides others toward the proper balance of effort vs. timeliness, and technical improvements and innovation with practical business constraints).
• Develops complex test protocols; reviews, and rejects or approves test protocols developed by others, documents/reports findings, and provides corrective guidance.
• Coordinates work primarily across project team(s), related groups, or within the department. Communicates proactively and effectively at all levels. Expands understanding and employs sensitivity in communications with culturally diverse audiences.
• Provides frequent written and oral presentations, status reports, and updates,, adapting and developing appropriate formats, presentations and content for a variety of audiences. Assists others with presentations, as requested.
• BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, BSEE or equivalent combination of Training & Experience; & 5+ years related experience or MSE & 2+ years experience or PhD & 0-3 years related experience; real time operating systems is desirable.
• C/C++ training or experience is required.
• Intermediate to advanced level mastery of both business/technical applications.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center