To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Lead Systems Architect
* Works closely with project and/or program manager(s) and team to ensure project plans are aligned for successful product or service delivery that meets project objectives and schedule.
* Defines, reviews and signs off of on technical product deliverables, including technical requirements/specifications, test plans, test reports, product/user manual, procedures and processes, and other technical documentation, to ensure the complete and successful delivery of product or service.
* Responsible for design, specification, and implementation of key system components.
* Communicates product/service capabilities to key stakeholders, reviews RFPs, conducts gap analysis, and contributes to solution strategy.
* Leads tier-3 technical product support/troubleshooting and related incident/problem management as part of client support, including management of technical issues log, ensuring successful resolution, and communicating outcome(s) to applicable stakeholders
* A Bachelor**s degree in CS, EE, Physics, or a related technical field
* A minimum of 10+ years experience in software and/or hardware development as a lead engineer or architect; masters-level or PhD graduate degrees may substitute for some years of practical career experience
* Master of at least one pertinent engineering or scientific discipline.
* Broad technical knowledge base in electrical, computer, and software engineering disciplines, applied physics and mathematics, with demonstrated mastery of at least one of these pertinent engineering or scientific specialties
* Working understanding of the fundamentals of applied mathematics, physics, and other related technical fields, including probability and statistics.
* A deep understanding of Systems Engineering principles and practices. Understand and appreciate Systems Engineering processes and able to use processes to drive projects.
* Proficient in C/C++ or other object-oriented programming languages; knowledge of OO design; familiar with UML language and UML tools.
* Diverse technical skills and broad knowledge base, preferably in these fields: embedded hardware/software development, C/C++ programming, GNU/Linux, digital signal processing, applied probability and statistics, network programming, TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, AJAX, SQL, digital imaging, image/video compression, and sensor technologies.
* Ability to see the big picture and able to delve into details of design and implementation to extract key information.
* Demonstrated rigorous analytical skills, effective problem-solving abilities, and keen attention to detail
* Able to work with uncertainty and make balanced decisions with incomplete information, as situations necessitate.
* Strong verbal communication skills, including the ability to present and explain complicated information in a public forum in a clear and concise fashion;
* Exemplary written communication skills, including the ability to write to a variety of audiences in a comprehensible manner
* Exemplary interpersonal skills, including professional presence and the ability to establish and maintain rapport/trust with stakeholders at a variety of career levels as well as evidenced by the ability to coach, mentor, and influence others as needs dictate
* Proven track record of successful collaboration in cross-functional and/or matrixed teams; leveraging situational leadership skills to get results
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Master**s or PhD level graduate degree in an applicable scientific or engineering field of study
* Experience with project management and vendor management is a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center