To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Sr Linux Engineer
Education: A Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science Engineering Science and Math or related discipline with an IT emphasis is required. A graduate degree in Technology Business or equivalent work experience is preferred
* 7 – 10 years of continuous system administration experience working on a variety of enterprise grade hardware and software platforms within a medium to large scale environment.
* Expertise in the Linux operating system preferably SUSE. Sound knowledge of Solaris, AIX and HP-UX.
* Some exposure to server management/automation/provisioning tools such as SUSE Manager and BMC Bladelogic.
* Experienced in server imaging and automated deployment of Linux systems, in particular, SUSE Linux.
* Extensive experience with Linux OS tuning to address performance related issues for database systems
* Proficiency in crafting solutions using one or more scripting language including Unix shell scripting (bash, sh, korn, etc.), Perl, Powershell, etc.
* Working knowledge and practical experience in the implementation of VCS clustering, Oracle RAC and High Availability concepts.
* Familiarity with application software like Webshpere, Apache, Java and databases like Oracle.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to converse at the management, technical and user levels.
* Some knowledge or exposure to Cisco UCS technologies (B-series blades, Fabric Interconnects, CNA, FCoE, Service Profiles, UCS Manager).
* Working knowledge of VMware and similar virtualization technologies.
* Some exposure to SAP, it’s various modules, and other peripheral systems.
* Worked in an environment where documented procedures are enforced for matters relating to system and data security, SOX compliance, change management, server builds, and responses to critical server issues.
* Sound understanding of the intricacies of Server builds and compliance to approved build documents.
* Some exposure to Remedy or similar helpdesk and workflow tracking applications.
* Sound understanding of Enterprise backup technologies (NetBackup, TSM) and Enterprise Class Storage systems (EMC, Symmetrix VMax, VNx, HP)
* Familiarity with networking technologies such as Cisco Nexus 1K, 5K & 7K and segregated network architecture.
* Understanding of DNS, SMTP, FTP, Active Directories, LDAP.
* Ability to work and blend in a team environment as well as individually, with minimal supervision.
* Working knowledge of IT Service Management framework and/or ITIL concepts and practices. ITIL certification a plus.
* Deep understanding of CPU and Memory technologies and roadmaps (Intel, AMD, Power7, etc.)
* Experience in designing complex computing infrastructure solutions in a mid-to-large scale data center environment.
* Extensive experience in performance tuning and optimizing computing platforms.
* Understanding of Operational challenges and dependencies as they relate to infrastructure decisions.
* Detailed understanding of power and cooling requirements of enterprise and commodity servers to support data center cage design and implementation.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center