To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Tools
* Maintain the corporate monitoring infrastructure and ensure all monitoring systems are in compliant with global infrastructure standard and security policies.
* Develop and document processes and procedures for maintaining the monitoring infrastructure at both the system and application level.
* Handle the daily administration of all the monitoring tools that is related to monitoring, troubleshooting and performance.
* Perform hands on tools setup, configuration and fine tuning.
* Review and introduce new tools that will bring value & benefit to the business.
* Seek opportunities to introduce automation in the monitoring process.
* Conduct Event and Impact analysis together with the tools team to identify opportunities for improvement.
* Generation of useful reports for business and also for the various infrastructure towers and application team.
*A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science and Math or related discipline with an IT emphasis is required.
* Design, development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
* Good communications skills including strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
* Working knowledge of IT Service Management framework and/or ITIL concepts and practices. ITIL certification a plus.
* Knowledge of BMC tools. This includes;
* BMC Remedy
* BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management (BPPM)
* BMC Event & Impact Manager (BEIM)
* BMC Atrium Discovery & Dependency Mapping (ADDM)
* BMC Bladelogic
* Transaction Manager Application Response Time (TMART)
* Extensive experience in UNIX (Red Hat Linux, Suse Linux) and Windows based operating systems (Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows XP, Vista and Windows7)
* Deep understanding of CPU, memory, disk IO performance management
* Broad knowledge of computing technologies, blades and rack mounted Intel x86 and AMD based commodity servers, Enterprise class platforms – (Cisco UCS C- and B- series, IBM Power7, HP racks mountable and blade servers, Dell rack mountable and blade servers).
* Experience in designing complex computing infrastructure solutions in a mid-to-large scale data center environment.
* Experience with tools, components, methodologies and protocols related to latest computing platforms particularly blades technologies (Cisco UCS Manager, Stateless configurations and Service Profiles, Unified Fabric concept, Converged Network Adapters & Fiber Channel over Ethernet)
* Knowledge of both Server and Desktop Virtualization technologies (VMware, Citrix, IBM PowerVM, Microsoft).
* Good understanding of key virtualization concepts and how these are impacted by the computing platform.
* Extensive experience in performance tuning and optimizing computing platforms.
* Deep understanding and experience in build large computing solutions that scale both vertically or horizontally.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center