To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
The Software Engineer is responsible for operating, supporting, maintaining, developing, integrating, and deploying software that supports the scientific mission of the prokaryotic genomics program. Software Engineers contribute to all phases of the software engineering lifecycle to maintain our scientific leadership through the cost-effective application of software engineering tools and techniques.
* BS or MS in Bioinformatics/Computer Science/Software Engineering is required
* Object-oriented programming experience is required.
* Specific technical skills and experience that are desired:
*Perl and OO-Perl libraries (CPAN, Moose, BioPerl)
*Java programming experience
*Bioinformatics tools and techniques
*Relational Database and SQL knowledge
*Operating Systems: UNIX/Linux and Grid technologies, including Sun Grid Engine.
*Knowledge of biological sciences and/or a desire to learn about biology.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to collaborate across a multi-disciplinary team, and work independently.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center