To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
* Overall Design of Image Management and Deployment of images. Expertise with various Microsoft imaging tools and technologies to automate the image creation and position for global deployment strategies. The imaging processes integrate closely with Software Distribution technologies, therefore familiarity with BMC Marimba tools and other deployment technologies such as Microsoft SCCM.
* Integration testing of other enterprise applications, such as Notes, Pointsec, McAfee etc. on the base image.
* Creation of Microsoft Office configuration and settings for new installs and upgrades to the environment.
* Day to day support and troubleshooting for all escalated Tier 3 Help Desk tickets for any base image, operating system type problems.
* The team also has a focused support for the New England Financial desktop, laptop and server environment. This includes responsibility for Office realignments for NEF offices, performing functions such as server renames and User IDs to align with new parent office.
* Support for unique and nonstandard equipment used uniquely by NEF .
* Daily monitoring of all escalated tickets in the Remedy Queues to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Work with Tier 2 Help Desk when tickets are escalated or handled incorrectly or improperly.
* Testing and integration of new desktop and laptop technologies such as webcams, solid state drives, etc
* Documentation of procedures for hand off to Help Desk processes.
* Technical support for MPS Xerox Print program by testing new models before approval for introduction into the environment. Also some support for the functions of print servers.
* Attend meetings representing Desktop Engineering for projects requiring Desktop Engineering as a resource.
* Knowledge and proven experience with Desktop and Application Virtualization technologies including Citrix Xen App and Xen Server.
* In depth knowledge of Windows XP desktop operating system, Internet Explorer browser, Microsoft Office.
* Proven experience with Microsoft imaging tools such as WAIK and MDT.
* Experience with Command line scripting; Scriptit; AutoIt; PowerShell; WAIK; WDS/PXE; REXX; Reg edit tools; Marimba.
* Troubleshooting and diagnostic capability to support end user problems
* Ability to communicate well with end users verbally and in writing. This requires a customer-centric approach, easy to understand, patience, ability to communicate with irate and high profile user.
* Experience with Marimba Deployment and Patch Management Services is a plus.
* Ability to work collaboratively as a team member.
* Familiarity with local policies and global policies as methods for managing desktop settings.
* Ability to provide feedback to the Help Desk in a constructive manner when Help Desk tickets are escalated improperly to the Engineering teams.
* Knowledge of USSales and NEF customer environment and/or ability to learn quickly about this user base.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center