To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Senior Software Engineer - Embedded
* Design, implement, debug, and test embedded software for switch fabric provisioning
* Work closely with hardware design team.
* Work closely with the quality assurance group for testing.
* Responsible for creating written documentation for his/her own software development.
* Develop feature enhancements and provide development support for existing product lines.
* Works in both an independent and team member environment to meet multiple product release cycles.
* Development in C with experience with various microprocessors and prefer experience with Ethernet MAC/PHY's, switch fabric and network processors (NPU).
* Development experience on network processors
* Experience implementing TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, HTTP, HTTPS and SNMP in embedded systems.
* Prefer Layer 1-4 switching experience.
* Prefer transport layer and tunneling protocol experience such as MPLS, MAC-IN-MAC, or VLAN in VLAN
* Prefer experience with Gigabit, 10G, or 40G Ethernet
* Programming for embedded systems in Linux (Ubuntu), PowerPC/ARM/MIPS kernels.
* Prefer experience writing daemon code and with Linux signaling.
* Prefer experience with Linux GNU tool chain (gcc, gdb, etc.)
* BS degree (BSEE or BSCS strongly preferred, MSCS a plus) or the equivalent in training and experience.
* 5+ years experience using formal software development processes. Strong software development skills using object-oriented design and coding techniques.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center