To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Sr. Software Engineer
* Innovate, design and develop highly available (99.9% availability), scalable (millions of users every day), reliable, cost efficient software using best development practices to meet product goals within defined schedules. Expected to deliver consistently with little supervision
* Participate in design discussions, code reviews and project related team meetings.
* Must be able to independently estimate the engineering effort, design and code with emphasis on high code quality,
* Utilize customer feedback, business & operational metrics, and knowledge of technology to come up with new innovations. Make business cases for architectural or feature innovation. Help define product requirements, estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, rollout system changes and evaluate product performance.
* Collaborate effectively with other software engineers, designers, user experience researchers, quality assurance, product management, and operations. Ability to develop strong relationships across levels and functional groups
* 6+ years of hands-on experience in Java, J2EE technologies, design patterns, object oriented concepts, XML
* 4+ years of experience in database driven consumer web application development scaling to millions of consumers, database schema design, SQL, performance tuning. 2+ years with service oriented architecture.
* Deep understanding of data structures & algorithms
* Ability to do appropriate trade-offs between feature scope, schedule, resources and architectural flexibility.
* Good communication, analytical and problem solving skills
* Must be able to independently design, code, and test major features.
* Must be able to work in highly iterative design cycles.
* Must have good analytical and problem solving skills
* Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience with Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, Java application servers and Eclipse would be a plus
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center