To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
* Development and support of data mining and statistical analysis tools to assist trading decisions
* Support and extend the data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) system used to maintain various data repositories.
* Integration of front and back office operational systems to ensure consistency between trading activity and end-of-day reporting.
* Development of applications that support Energy-specific trading business, including FTR and virtual trading markets.
* Near real-time displays of position and profitability views for Energy-specific trading
* Automation to eliminate redundant, error-prone processes used to disseminate trader-generated pricing.
* Design, develop and support service-oriented applications including desktop applications, web applications and web services used primarily by trading and operations desks.
* Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle including requirements gathering from users (traders, operations, accounting).
* Use modern software development methodologies and tools such as test-driven development, continuous integration, and agile project management to promote the timely delivery of reliable systems.
* Participate in the management and support of critical business systems used by traders and operations staff.
* Identify ways to provide better support to users and automate tasks to improve business workflows.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline or its foreign equivalent. Relevant technical experience may substitute for education.
* Progressive experience developing software applications. Recent hands-on experience with object-oriented programming is required, preferably C# or C++.
* Experience with scripting languages such as Perl or Python is plus.
* Knowledge of Windows Forms and ASP.NET is a plus.
* Strong relational database knowledge is required, preferably with Oracle, MySQL, and/or SQL server.
* Strong verbal communication skills with an ability to deal with technical and business staff while working on a trading desk is required.
* Eagerness to learn about the business as well as technology.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center