To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Software Configuration Engineer
• Implement application builds using large-scale, multi-platform systems.
• Design and deliver upgrade scripts that provide automatic upgrades to our n-tiered applications residing in multiple datacenters across the globe. This involves upgrading web servers, application servers, and database servers.
• Develop and implement Continuous Integration tooling and standards, to include implementing automated unit tests into build system.
• Work closely with Development and Solution Architect to solve complex build system issues.
• Work closely with IT Operations and Account Management to solve complex deployment issues.
• Work with application infrastructure architects to establish the physical environments to effectively perform the software builds and deployments with an emphasis on quality, integrity, and security.
• Continually evaluate build and deployment procedures for opportunities to optimize, streamline and automate.
• Assist client in meeting business objectives by providing professional services and solutions.
• Ability to learn and use PSP (Personal Software process) and TSP (Team Software Process).
• Experience with one of the following automated deployment tools: AnthillPro, Electric Cloud, and/or InstallShield.
• Experience with scripting languages (CMD, Java Script, Perl, PowerShell, VB).
• ITIL knowledge, especially in the areas of RM and SCM.
• SQL experience: Microsoft SQL Server required, Oracle desired.
• Experience with Team Foundation Server source control repository administration.
• Able to create standardized build and server configurations based on industry best practices, optimized for performance and manageability.
• Experience with source control and version control systems.
• Experience implementing automated and continuous build processes.
• Familiarity with software engineering, software configuration management, and automated upgrades to n-tiered applications.
• Must have Baccalaureate degree in Computer Science from an accredited U.S. college or university, equivalent foreign institution, or equivalent experience.
• Must have a minimum of three years relevant work
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center