To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
* Work closely with engineering and product management to identify product and technical requirements.
* Create the design and architecture for the Search Platform by closely collaborating with other technical leads and architects.
* Continuously improve the software development life cycle (SDLC) by proposing and creating new and better methods for design, coding, testing, and delivery.
* Create top-class code, lead code reviews, and provide guidance for team members to create very high quality code.
* Mentor and train junior software engineers.
* Collaborate closely with QA leads to create robust test plans to measure quality and performance of the search engine.
* Oversee the creation of technical documentation accompanying each release.
* Must be passionate about technology and search in specific. Keep current with technological developments within the industry, especially in the area of search/browse/video search.
* Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
* Demonstrated experience (5+ years) using Java technologies including J2SE, XML/XSLT, Apache Jakarta components and other open source software.
* Experience in coding and debugging a complex Java-based software system interfacing with multiple external components.
* Experience building and scaling a complex system capable of handling millions of queries per day. Must have practical experience in performance tuning and testing.
* Must demonstrate an understanding of software design patterns and the practical application of those patterns.
* Must demonstrate very strong analytical acumen and a thorough understanding of core computer science concepts.
* Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/get clarifications, create architecture/design, decompose into deliverable software components, and implement solution to meet functional/performance/quality acceptance criteria.
* Excellent communication: must be a good listener and be able to clearly communicate ideas with team members, management, product teams, and external groups.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center