To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Sr Java Developer
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under
development, and customizes current applications. Develops software
update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of
- Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally developed
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and
technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results,
technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry.
Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews
literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and
guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves
as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team
delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit
specification and technical requirements.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies,
concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and
defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ yrs experience in Java Development.
- 2+ yrs experience with Oracle or MySQL Server development.
- 2+ year experience with web services, service based development, XML/XSD a plus
- Experience in design and of Multi-threaded applications
- Experience in PHP and HTML and UNIX Scripting a plus
- Experience with development tools such as Eclipse and Maven
- Design and Architecture using object-oriented methodologies
- Experience with Voice, Data, and Video technology a plus
- Should have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Works well in a team environment
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center