To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Principal Systems Software Engineer
* Provide expertise on engineering systems; architect, plan, advise, analyze, design, test, and manage highly complex engineering software systems.
* Responsible for design and development of systems that, while focusing on software, will span the engineering disciplines of mechanical, electromechanical, electrical, and application software.
* Research and recommend design options and perform experiments to determine potential design feasibility or application.
* Provide broad technical leadership in area of expertise helping company set technical direction and course for future programs.
* Serve as technical leader for major development projects including development of devices in new technology or multiple simultaneous sub-projects. Responsible for ensuring that design activities are coordinated per the development procedure. Establish and maintain project schedules.
* Strong mentor to other engineers and technicians.
* Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
* Possess a highly polished degree of personal communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Bachelorís Degree in Engineering, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Engineering Technology or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 15+ years related engineering experience
* Demonstrated technical experience in developing complex software and/or hardware systems from an end user perspective.
* Strong computer based analytical skills (using tools such as Matlab, Mathcad, R, NumPy)
* Software: Experience with assembly-level and C code development, real time signal processing, and I/O control.
* Self-starter; highly-organized; detail-oriented; highly-motivated; team player; analytical; strong interpersonal & verbal/written communication;
* Customer-Focused; Results-Driven; Initiative; "Can-Do" Attitude.
* Advanced Degree (Masters or PhD) in Engineering, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Engineering Technology
* Experience in system modeling, system simulation, and/or design of experiments.
* Strong background in development of system solutions for medical devices.
* Background in sensing, especially near infrared optics.
* Strong background in development of microprocessor controlled hardware.
* Software development experience in an embedded environment for medical devices.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center