To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Firmware Development Engineer
· To take part in all aspects of the design development cycle from interpreting requirement specifications, through design and manufacturing introduction, to design sustaining.
· Design, implement and test, firmware for embedded micro controllers.
· Design, implement and test, software and test harnesses.
· Produce designs including data flow diagrams, state transition diagrams, use case analysis, pseudo-code, UML / OO and flow charts as appropriate.
· Write embedded C and C++/Java source code to company standards with consideration for code space, RAM usage and execution time.
· Formally unit test source code written by other firmware engineers, producing unit test plans and recording the test results.
· Perform fault finding, debugging and fault fix verification, ensuring the fault resolution does not introduce further faults and using the concern and corrective action procedure
· Perform product and regression testing, formally recording the test results.
· Define microprocessor selection criteria and perform microprocessor suitability analysis.
· Perform and review stress testing, performance testing, and stack and bandwidth analysis.
· Produce, contribute and help maintain project documentation, according to procedures.
· Supervision of other engineers and/or technicians as required.
· Liaising with Itron Manufacturing sites on design issues, alternative component approval requests, ensuring that changes are thoroughly tested when necessary.
· Ensure all activities are completed within agreed time-scales.
· Leading Firmware Project developments
· Degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science with knowledge of electronics.
· Minimum of 5 years' development experience, working on projects for high volume and low cost manufacture.
· Previous metering or instrumentation equipment experience would be beneficial.
· Experience of the complete development cycle from concept through to final manufacture is essential.
· Code language experience in ‘C’ (C++). Use of UML in detailed design would be beneficial.
· Work experience within an ISO9000 environment is essential.
· A logical and methodical approach to fault finding.
· Experience of using emulators for real time firmware development would be beneficial.
· Must have excellent English communication skills Must have a professional attitude & have the ability to work as part of a team or as an individual.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center