To see other developer job opportunities,
please visit http://dev.fyicenter.com/
Senior Software Engineer
• Collaborate on design, implementation & support of high-throughput, fault-tolerant pipeline management solutions for the interpretation of large and complex data sets in a distributed, cluster compute environment
• Integrate new tools and reporting techniques into pipeline as needed
• Work with bioinformaticians, statisticians and laboratory scientists to determine use-cases and requirements
Specific Job Duties
• Collaborate on design & implementation of web based applications to allow visibility into production analysis
• Collaborate on design & implementation of high-throughput automated sequence analysis & QC systems.
• Analyze the impact of process, hardware or software changes on performance
• Work with bioinformatics to package and document new methods into existing pipelines
• Provide support for existing analysis systems, including resolution of data retrieval requests.
• Stay current with new tools and software technologies.
• Follow best practices for software version control, testing and release engineering.
• Train scientists on how to use QC and Analysis reporting systems.
• Work as part of small team following agile practices.
• Coordinate development work with other members of the Lab and Analysis groups.
• Attend technical workshops and conferences related to software development and bioinformatics.
Minimum requirements Essential Skills:
• B.S. in Computer Science or a related scientific or technical field (or equivalent experience) and a minimum of eight years related experience.
• Familiarity with Java-based server side stacks e.g. J2EE 7, Spring
• Demonstrated Linux shell scripting experience
• Demonstrated experience with database programming and interfaces, preferably in Oracle.
• Familiarity working with small focused development teams.
To apply for this position, please visit
Developer FYI Center