CSS Interview Questions and Questions
Are you a developer? Need to update your software development knowledge or need to prepare for a job interview?
Check out this collection of CSS Interview Questions and Questions...
CSS Interview Questions and Questions
- What is CSS?
- What are Cascading Style Sheets?
- How do I center block-elements with CSS1?
- If background and color should always be set together, why do they exist as separate properties?
- What is class?
- What is grouping
- What is external Style Sheet? How to link?
- Is CSS case sensitive?
- Three selectors: h1, .warning and #footer, what they do ?
- What are Style Sheets?
- What is CSS rule 'ruleset'?
- 'Fixed' Background?
- What is embedded style? How to link?
- What is ID selector?
- What is contextual selector?
- How do I have a background image that isn't tiled?
- What does \ABCD (and \ABCDE) mean?
- Why do style sheets exist?
- What are the advantages/disadvantages of the various style methods?
- What is inline style? How to link?
- What is imported Style Sheet? How to link?
- What is a Style Sheet?
- What is alternate Style Sheet? How to link?
- How can you set a minimum width for IE?
- Which browsers support CSS?
- How do I place text over an image?
- what CSS is, why not start coding??
- Why does my content shift to the left on some pages (in FF)?
- How do I combine multiple sheets into one?
- What is attribute selector?
- What is parent-child selector?
- How can I specify background images?
- How do I have a fixed (non-scrolling) background image?
- What are inline, block, parent, children, replaced and floating elements?
- Which set of definitions, HTML attributes or CSS properties, take precedence?
- How do I eliminate the blue border around linked images?
- why call the subtended angle a "pixel", instead of something else (e.g. "subangle")?
- Why was the decision made to make padding apply outside of the width of a 'box', rather than inside, which would seem to make more sense?
- How to use CSS to separate content and design ?
- Can CSS be used with other than HTML documents?
- Can Style Sheets and HTML stylistic elements be used in the same document?
- What are pseudo-classes?
- How do I design for backward compatibility using Style Sheets?
- As a reader, how can I make my browser recognize my own style sheet?
- How do I get rid of the gap under my image?
- Why use Style Sheets?
- What does the "Cascading" in "Cascading Style Sheets" mean?
- What is CSS rule 'at-rule'?
- What is selector?
- What is CLASS selector?
- What is CSS declaration?
- What is 'important' declaration?
- What is cascade?
- Are Style Sheets case sensitive?
- How do I have a non-tiling (non-repeating) background image?
- CSS is clearly very useful for separating style from content ...
- I always wanted to have "included" substyles or "aliases" in my CSS definition, to save redundancy ...
- Styles not showing?
- How do I quote font names in quoted values of the style attribute?
- Why is my external stylesheet not working ?
- What can be done with style sheets that can not be accomplished with regular HTML?
- How do I make my div 100% height?
- What is property?
- How do I write my style sheet so that it gracefully cascades with user's personal sheet ?
- What are pseudo-elements?
- As a developer who works with CSS every day ...
- How can I make a page look the same in e.g. NS and MSIE ?
- Is there anything that CAN'T be replaced by Style Sheets?
- Can I include comments in my Style Sheet?
- What is the difference between ID and CLASS?
- How to make text-links without underline?
- How do you make a tooltip that appears on hover?
- Which characters can CSS-names contain?
- What is cascading order?
- What browsers support style sheets? To what extent?
- Why shouldn't I use fixed sized fonts ?
- How do you make a whole div into a link?
- How do I have links of different colours on the same page?
- What is shorthand property?
- How to use CSS building a standards based HTML template?
- What is value?
- What is initial value?
- How frustrating is it to write a specification knowing that you're at the browser vendors' mercy?
- How far can CSS be taken beyond the web page--that is, have generalized or non-web specific features for such things as page formatting or type setting?
- How To Style Table Cells?
- How To Style Forms?
- How do I get my footer to sit at the bottom...?
- Can I attach more than one declaration to a selector?
- Border around a table?
- How do you target a certain browser?
- How does inheritance work?
- What is the percentage value in 'font-size' relative to?
- What is wrong with font-family: "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"?
- How do I centre my page?
- Must I quote property values?
- Do any WYSIWYG editors support the creation of Style Sheets? Any text-based HTML editors?
- Which style specification method should be used? Why?
- Justified Text?
- Why can @import be at the top only?
- Colored Horizontal Rule?
- Do URL's have quotes or not?
- To what are partial URLs relative?
- What's the difference between 'class' and 'id'?
- I made a 10px-high div, but IE makes it 20px high...
- How do I place two paragraphs next to each other?
- Can you use someone else's Style Sheet without permission?
- I want my page fonts to look the same everywhere as in...
- When is auto different from 0 in margin properties?
- How do I move the list bullet to the left/right?
- How does a simple CSS style rule look ?
- Why are there gaps above and below my form in IE?
- If one were to set Text and Link colors using a style sheet, should one also define the background colors for these elements as well?
- How do you override the underlining of hyperlinks?
- How do you show which page you're on (in a menu)?
- How can I specify two different sets of link colors?
- How can I place multiple blocks next to each other?
- Document Style Semantics and Specification Language (DSSSL)?
- What is Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSL)?
- Which font names are available on all platforms ?
- Why does Netscape lose my styles ?
- Why is it my ':hover' declaration for links does not work ?