Minimum Requirement of EPUB 3.0.1 File
What Is the minimum requirement of an EPUB 3.0.1 file?
If you want to build an EPUB file that meets the minimum requirements of EPUB 3.0.1 specification, you need to prepare the following:
1. A text file called "mimetype" with one line listed below. It specifies the mimetype of an EPUB 3.0.1 book file.
2. An XML file called "container.xml" in a sub folder named as "META-INF". The "container" file uses the XML format defined in EPUB Open Container Format (OCF) 3.1. It specifies a package file of any name, for example: package.opf.
3. A package file named like package.opf, that uses the XML format defined in EPUB Packages 3.1. It defines required meta data and specifies 2 required XHTML files: one provides navigation information of the book, and the other provides the content of the book.
4. A navigation file named like navigation.xhtml that uses the XHTML language. It provides navigation information like a table of contents of the book.
5. A content file named like content.xhtml that uses the XHTML language. It provides the content of the book.
6. Package all above 5 files into a ZIP file named like Hello-3.0.epub.
The resulting ZIP file, Hello-3.0.epub, is an EPUB 3.0 file that meets the minimum requirements of EPUB 3.0.1 specifications.
2018-11-17, 294👍, 0💬
What Is HTML? HTML (HyperText Markup Language) is the standard markup language for creating Web page...
How to login to the Developer Portal internally by you as the publisher? Normally, the Developer Por...
How To Run a PHP Script? A standard alone PHP script can be executed directly with the PHP Command L...
What Is a "dl" Tag/Element? A "dl" element is block level element that can be used to define a defin...
Where to find tutorials on Using Azure API Management Publisher Dashboard? Here is a list of tutoria...