When Windows SDK 8.1, also called Windows Kits 8.1, is a development resource package
1. Resources for developing Windows Store apps with support of the following:
- Managed XAML, with code-behind in C# or Visual Basic
- Native XAML, with code-behind in C++
- Native (Win32/COM)
2. Resources for developing Windows desktop apps with support of the following:
- Managed (.NET Framework)
- Native (Win32/COM)
3. Development tools:
- Application Verifier - A runtime verification tool for native code that
helps you find programming errors that can be difficult to identify with
typical application testing. You can run the Application Verifier on your
code to identify memory corruptions, uses of handles that aren't valid,
issues with locks, issues with the use of the thread pool, and many other
- Debugging Tools for Windows - Tools that help you debug drivers,
applications, and services that run on Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008,
Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
- Windows Performance Toolkit - A collection of tools that provide detailed
analysis of many performance problems, for example, application start times,
start issues, deferred procedure calls and interrupt activity, system
responsiveness issues, application resource usage, and interrupt storms.
- DirectX High Level Shader Language (HLSL) compiler - A set of runtime
dynamically linked libraries (DLLs) that you can include with your desktop
app (or tool) to compile HLSL shaders for use in the Direct3D graphics
pipeline. You can also use DirectX11 Compute to perform complex operations
such as Scan and Fast Fourier Transforms (FFTs).
- Windows App Certification Kit - Tools that you can use to certify that
your apps follow Windows conventions and standards.
- Performance Analyzer for HTML5 App - A tool to help you identify
potential performance issues in your app by analyzing it as it runs. By using
this tool, you can better understand the performance characteristics of your
app, in addition to how users are likely to perceive its performance on
target hardware that's running Windows 8.
â‡’First C++ Program in Visual Studio 2017
â‡’â‡’Visual Studio Tutorials